12 Things To Not Do Before Your Seniors
A popular adage states that it takes years to build a reputation, while only a few seconds are enough to tarnish your image. This holds special significance in maintaining good relationship at workplace where you need to spend a considerable amount of time with your senior in the office, collaborating on some project or the other. A slight mistake on your part, or even ingrained behavioral aberrations could put you in your senior’s cross-hair, so you have to maintain a good relationship with your seniors. Here are some ways to avoid being in that situation.
1. Show that you are an extremely efficient worker
Do this for building relationships at work and if you want your workload to increase dramatically.
2. Coming in a vehicle costlier than all of your seniors’
People have been fired for wearing ties of the same colour as their boss.
3. “I partied too hard last night — I’m so hung over!”
Hate to break it to you, but it isn’t really a party if you are able to reach the office next day.
4. Share spoilers from the latest TV series
Unless it is from Game of Thrones and you are itching to get axed. Talk about poetic justice.
5. Fiddling around with numbers on excel tracking sheets
Get an abacus for that.
6. Bring your lover for a nice time in your senior’s cabin
And even if you do, make sure you put in place all the stuff that was thrown off his desk a little while earlier.
7. Bitch about your senior to seniors from other departments
Not even if they bait you with more gossip regarding your senior.
8. Come stoned for a meeting
Afghanistan would be a better place for this.
9. Give better ideas than your senior in group meetings
Who do you think you are? Barney?
10. “Did you miss me?”
When you come back from vacation. Not a good idea to remind your senior of all the paid leaves he could have availed and isn’t able to because of your incompetence.
11. Stare for too long at your senior’s wife
When invited to their house for dinner. The food, though, is fair game.
12. Eavesdrop on your senior’s private conversations
Waiting for the office party would be the best bet.
However, if you do find yourself in the middle of a storm with your seniors, do consider visiting the Aasaanjobs website for better jobs.
– Contributor : Jatin Kelkar